November 18 – 21, 2019 | San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, California | #KubeCon #CloudNativeCon
Thank you for co-locating your event at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019!
In order to meet the needs of all events and create the best possible experience for attendees, we have updated the co-located event process and inclusions for 2019 events.
New for 2019
• Companies hosting co-located events must be a sponsor of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019.
• Companies are asked to choose between four co-located event packages.
• Seating for events must be set in classroom seating.
• Co-located events will run from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with access to the room starting at 8:00 AM.
• All receptions must be held off-site, unless held within your meeting room, during the allotted event time.
• Co-located events must charge attendees a minimum of $50 to attend their co-located event. If you would like to donate your profits to the CNCF diversity scholarship fund, this will be listed as such. If you need complimentary tickets for your co-located event, this can be done through a discount code created by the CNCF co-located events team.
• Groups looking to customize their event past the packages offered are encouraged to look at local venues and cross-promote their event for $6,000 + registration processing fees which will include: your event listed on the conference website + added on the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America registration form. Attendees can add your event to their conference registration. See page 5 for additional details.
• In terms of using Kubernetes in the title of your event, please follow the Correct and Incorrect usage examples in the Linux Foundation trademark guide.
• Your event name will be listed on the website as Event Name hosted by Company Name.
Provide us with a contact email to be listed on the website so attendees are able to ask additional questions.
Please be sure someone from your team is able to check the room and orders the night prior, Sunday, November 17 from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
• Submit website updates via a google doc, created by your co-lo team and shared with the CNCF Co-Lo team. Please notify the co-lo team in writing when updates are needed. To maintain a uniform website, all co-located events will be listed with: Title, Date, Time, Location (San Diego Convention Center or offsite location), Registration Fee, 300-word max description and external event link.
Things to note
• All attendees, including speakers and staff, MUST be registered for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon and your co-located event in order to enter the facility and be at your event. Let us know if you need discount or comp codes.
• Attendee information that will be shared will be first name, last name, company name, title, country of residence, session status (accepted or waitlist), dietary restrictions and email address. Waitlist contact information will be shared but we ask that you only use this to send information about your event and not as a contact list.
• Once your event sells out, a waitlist will be enabled and your event will be marked as “Sold Out, Waitlist Available” on the Co-Located event website.
• Event topics are not exclusive to one event.
• Make sure you have budget set aside for any of the items your event requires but are not included in the package. Examples being – food at breaks and lunch, additional AV needs, hardline internet for your presenter, power for attendees and session recording.
• All activities, including meals must take place in your meeting room.
• Post your event details early so that people can plan their travel.
• Create an external website that can be linked on the co-located event page. Only the event title and description will be listed in Sched, starting September 5, 2019. An external link to your full agenda can be added to the co-located page at any time.
• You will need at least 2 people to staff your event check-in at a table provided in front of your meeting room.
• Wifi best practices- Send all packets and download information to attendees prior to the event as no amount of bandwidth is guaranteed to support 100+ people doing this all at once. Please be sure to order a hardline if you plan to demo.
You can view published co-located events here. Events can be listed starting June 5th, 2019.
In order to have your co-located event listed on the website and registration form, Please provide the following information no later than Thursday, October 3rd.
Information Needed to Post Event
• Pre-event coordinator name and email address
• Onsite event coordinator name, email address and cell phone number
• Official event title – Event Name hosted by Company Name
• 300 word (maximum) event description
• Event time frame (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM or less)
• Cost to attendees ($50 minimum)
• Link to external event site
• Email address for questions
What’s Included in your Package
• Meeting space + classroom setup. Classroom setup is required for all co-located events and all activities, including meals, must take place in your meeting room.
• Access times include set-up from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM the night prior + meeting space from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM on the day of the event.
• Conference Wi-Fi
• Audio Visual (AV) Services: (1) projector, (1) screen, (1) wireless presenter, basic audio, (2) microphones
• In-room AV technician for the duration of your event
• Meeting room + wayfinding signage
• Contact information of attendees registered: First name, last name, company, title, and email address
• (1) session scanner for managing onsite registration
• (1) KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Pass
• All day water + coffee/tea service
• On-site event support
• Marketing and promotion featured placement on KubeCon + CloudNativeCon website and registration form
• Manage event registration and fee collection, less credit card processing fees
• Registration table and two chairs located in front of your room for attendee check-in
Additional items to keep in mind and will need to be paid for and ordered separately:
• Additional AV – a second screen, microphones, session recording, etc.
• Dedicated internet – hardline
• Catering – breaks and lunch
• Power – to each classroom table or a charging station in the back of the room
All of these items will be at the organizer’s expense and will need to be ordered and paid for directly with the venue/service provider.
Included in your audio visual set-up is the following:
• One (1) Projector
• One (1) Screen
• One (1) Wireless presenter
• Basic audio package
• Two (2) microphones
• On-site AV Tech
• Conference WiFi
Once your event information is received, an Expo Genie login will be emailed to the event manager and include an la carte pricing for additional items, please refer to the best practices section for best practices on what to consider when building your budget.
If you are charging a fee for your event, The Linux Foundation will pass through registration revenue less the credit card and registration processing fees. Within 30 day post-event you will receive an email noting your revenue less fees with instructions to submit an invoice to The Linux Foundation for payment payment. If you are donating your fees to the Diversity Scholarship, we will let you know the final amount donated.
Before contacting us, please review all event pages as answers to many questions are readily available throughout this site. If you cannot find the answer to your question and would prefer to email us, please contact email@example.com.
Stay Connected With Our Newsletter
Sign up to be kept up-to-date on the latest developments around KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, like keynote announcements, important schedule and event notifications, exclusive offsite activities, and more.