Thank you to our program committee members:
- Grace Hartley, ConsenSys, PegaSys Team
- Jon Geater, Jitsuin
- Hart Montgomery, Fujitsu
- Bobbi Muscara, Ledger Academy
- Mark Wagner, Red Hat, Inc
- Fernando Cezar Herédia Marino, CPQD
- Todd Taylor, GenBloq
- Morgan Bauer, IBM
- Aruna S M, Intel
What is the role of a Committee member?
The Committee will help shape the content to make Hyperledger Global Forum a successful event. This will include the following tasks:
- Create a conference agenda outline with a balance between keynotes, panels, open time for unconference, workshops, talks, and networking breaks
- Establish a timeline/calendar for Program Committee activities
- Establish regular check-ins/calls to progress against the timeline
- CFP Review
- Event participation as moderators and/or emcees
What is the time commitment to be a reviewer?
Approximately 8 hours during a 4-week timeframe. You will review a subset of the submissions through an online portal. There will be a training call and documented instructions on the system prior to beginning the review process.
As a reviewer, can I submit a speaking proposal?
Yes. The proposals you submit will be reviewed by other reviewers who do not have a conflict of interest with your submission (i.e., work for the same company, on the same project, etc.).
On Monday, October 4, you will receive the proposals in an Excel document in addition to being able to access the portal. All reviews will be done within the portal; the spreadsheet is for reference, searching, sorting, etc.
Please reference the CFP Scoring Guidelines & Best Practices page when reviewing proposals.
You have from September 30 – October 31 to submit your reviews. Once the review period is complete, the review committee will meet with the co-chairs – the week of November 4 to discuss the proposals. During this call, the co-chairs will discuss which talks will not be accepted, borderline talks, etc. If additional reviews are needed, they will be done the week of November 4.
From here, the co-chairs will lay out the agenda and a list of final sessions will be sent to the review committee for reference. Submitters will be notified of their acceptance/decline status on November 13, then the schedule announced on November 20.
- CFP Opens: June 7, 2019
- CFP Closes: October 4, 2019
- CFP Notifications: November 13, 2019
- Schedule Announcement: November 20, 2019
- Slide Due Date: February 25, 2020
- Event Dates: March 3-6, 2020