Hyperledger Global Forum Speaker Guide
Thank you for speaking at Hyperledger Global Forum, March 3-6 at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
This is your official event speaker guide. Please bookmark this page for easy reference and continue to check back as the event gets closer as we will be adding additional speaker information, such as on-site details, as they are available. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Please click through the tabs on this page to access information.
- Important Dates + Deadlines
- Registration + Visa Requests
- Venue + Hotel Details
- Schedule Information
- AV Details
- Promote Your Talk
- Inclusivity Course
- Code of Conduct
- Contact Us
Important Dates + Deadlines
- Speaker Registration Deadline: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Upload Bio + Headshot to Sched.com Deadline: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- AV Requests Due: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- Presentation Deadline: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
To confirm that you will be presenting, please register as a speaker by Wednesday, December 4 and use the access code HGFSPK20.
If you are not registered by December 4, there is a possibility that your speaking slot will be replaced by one on our waiting list so please do so promptly.
Visa Letter Requests
If you require a visa letter, please register for the event, and then complete the visa letter request form.
We also ask that you please note the following:
- Provision of a visa letter by The Linux Foundation does not guarantee visa approval as final approval is made at the sole discretion of the government of the event’s host country.
- The Linux Foundation strongly recommends requesting a visa letter at your earliest possible convenience and to contact your local Embassy/Consulate with any visa questions you may have.
- The Linux Foundation processes most visa letter requests in (3) business days.
This year’s event will take place at the Phoenix Convention Center.
Phoenix Convention Center
100 N 3rd St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
At the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, we have negotiated a discounted conference rate of $239/night (plus taxes).
The conference room block closes Friday, February 7, 2020. Please visit our Venue & Travel page for more information.
Schedule + Uploading a Bio/Photo
The schedule will be announced on Wednesday, November 20, and will be posted on our website using sched.com. You will receive an email directly from sched.com asking you to create your account; please make sure to upload your bio and photo.
Please note that all conference sessions are 40 minutes. If you have a conflict with the timing of your talk or find that it conflicts with the content of another talk; or are having problems uploading your bio and photo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AV Details + Requirements
Please note the following technical requirements:
- All speakers must supply their own computer and adapters to use during their talk
- Presentation slides should be formatted in 16:9
- The room will include a screen, projector and (2) microphones
If you require any additional AV, please email email@example.com with those needs by February 11. We will make every effort to accommodate additional A/V needs; however, final approval for additional A/V requests will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Due by Tuesday, February 25
All speakers are required to submit their final presentation slides ahead of the event. In addition to providing a hard copy for accessibility purposes, we find that adding the presentations before the event helps to drive interest in attending the session.
Please note that your presentation slides should be submitted in PDF-format to Sched.com and must be formatted in 16:9.
To upload slides:
- Log into your Hyperledger Global Forum speaker profile through Sched.com
- After logging in, click on “You’re speaking at this event! Manage & promote your session →” at the top of the schedule
- Click “Add Presentation”
- Click the “Select a File” box and add the pdf document (note: there is a 50MB size limit)
- Click “Upload” and your slides will automatically be saved
A conference branded presentation template is available for download here. Please note, use of the template is optional.
Promote Your Talk
Once the schedule is announced, we appreciate you spreading the word about #hyperledgerforum and your session – please find some sample tweets below to share on your social channels!
- Proud to be chosen as a speaker for #hyperledgerforum – visit “link to your session” to add my talk to your schedule!
- Thrilled to announce I’ll be presenting at #hyperledgerforum! Visit Hyperledger Global Forum to see the full schedule 👍
- Just learned my talk “Session Name” was accepted 🎉 See you all in Phoenix for #hyperledgerforum! “link to your session”
- Can’t wait to speak at #hyperledgerforum in Phoenix – visit Hyperledger Global Forum to check out the full lineup!
Inclusive Speaker Orientation Online Course
The Linux Foundation, in collaboration with the National Center for Women in Technology (NCWIT), has created an online course designed to teach the viewer about inclusion, diversity and unconscious bias. It is strongly encouraged by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation that all our speakers watch the course to learn tips/tools to use when speaking to encourage inclusivity in presentations and messaging.
Code of Conduct
Please read and abide by our code of conduct, which can be found here. We ask that speakers especially review this code of conduct and are inclusive in the words and images used during their presentation.