Automotive Grade Linux All Member Meeting Europe 2019 –
This is your official event speaker guide. Please bookmark this page for easy reference and continue to check back as the event gets closer as we will be adding additional speaker information, such as on-site details, as they are available. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click through the tabs on this page to access information.
- Important Dates + Deadlines
- Registration + Visa Requests
- Venue + Hotel Details
- Schedule Information
- AV Details
- Promote Your Talk
- Code of Conduct
- Inclusivity Course
- Contact Us
Important Dates + Deadlines
- Speaker Registration Deadline: Monday, September 30
- Upload Bio + Headshot to Sched.com Deadline: Monday, September 30
- AV Requests Due: Monday, September 30
- Presentation Deadline: Monday, October 14
You should have already received your speaker registration information in your acceptance email. If you have not yet received these details, or have questions about registering, please contact email@example.com.
Visa Letter Requests
We recommend that you check with your local government for information on the required documents and arrangements you’ll need to travel to Monte Carlo, Monaco as soon as possible.
If you need a letter to accompany your visa application confirming your attendance at Automotive Grade Linux All Member Meeting Europe 2019, request it here.
All visa letter requests must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the event. Any visa letter requests made after the two-week deadline cannot be guaranteed.
We also ask that you please note the following:
- Provision of a visa letter by The Linux Foundation does not guarantee visa approval as final approval is made at the sole discretion of the government of the event’s host country.
- The Linux Foundation strongly recommends requesting a visa letter at your earliest possible convenience and to contact your local Embassy/Consulate with any visa questions you may have.
- The Linux Foundation processes most visa letter requests in (3) business days.
Automotive Grade Linux All Member Meeting will be held at the Fairmont Monte Carlo in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
12, Avenue des Spélugues
Monte Carlo, Monaco 98000
Rooms will likely sell out in advance of the room block close date of September 22 – we encourage you to book early to secure a room at the conference rate.
We look forward to welcoming you to Monte Carlo!!
Schedule + Uploading a Bio/Photo
The schedule will be announced on Wednesday, September 18th, and will be posted on our website using Sched.com. You will receive an email directly from Sched.com asking you to create your account, so make sure you upload your bio and photo.
Please note that all sessions are 40-minute blocks. If you have a conflict with the timing of your talk or are having problems uploading your bio and photo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AV Details + Requirements
Any additional AV requests are due by Monday, September 30th..
The room will include a screen, projector, and (2) wireless microphones. At the end of the session a mic will be used for questions, so be sure to leave time at the end of your talk. Required: All speakers will need to supply their own computers and necessary adaptors to use during their session.
NOTE: The projectors have HDMI capabilities/outputs. If you require any additional AV, please email Jennifer Crowley with those needs by September 30th. The Linux Foundation will make every effort to accommodate additional A/V needs; however, final approval for additional A/V requests will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Due by Monday, October 14th
All speakers are required to submit their final presentation slides ahead of the event. In addition to providing a hard copy for accessibility purposes, we find that adding the presentations before the event helps to drive interest in attending the session.
Please note that your presentation slides should be submitted in PDF-format to Sched.com and must be formatted in 16:9.
If you would like to use the AGL-AMM PowerPoint template for your presentation, you can download it here. (Please note it is not required to use the presentation template.)
To upload slides:
- Log into your Automotive Grade Linux All Member Meeting speaker profile through Sched.com or via the mobile site
- On the top of the page, click “Manage and Promote Your Session”
- Click “Add Presentation”
- Click on the “Select a File” box and add the PDF document (note: there is a 50MB size limit)
- Click “Upload” and your slides will automatically be saved
Promote Your Talk
Once the schedule is announced on September 18th, we appreciate you spreading the word about #autolinux and your session – please find some sample tweets below to share on your social channels!
- Proud to be chosen as a speaker for #autolinux – visit “link to your session” to add my talk to your schedule!
- Thrilled to announce I’ll be presenting at #autolinux! Visit [AGL AMM Europe] to see the full schedule 👍
- Just learned my talk “Session Name” was accepted 🎉 See you all in Monte Carlo for #autolinux! “link to your session”
- Can’t wait to speak at #autolinux in Monte Carlo – visit AGL AMM Europe to check out the full lineup!
Code of Conduct
Please read and abide by our code of conduct, which can be found here. We ask that speakers especially review this code of conduct and are inclusive in the words and images used during their presentation.
Inclusive Speaker Orientation Online Course
The Linux Foundation, in collaboration with the National Center for Women in Technology (NCWIT), has created an online course designed to teach the viewer about inclusion, diversity and unconscious bias. We highly recommend all of our speakers watch the course to learn tips/tools to use when speaking to encourage inclusivity in presentations and messaging.