KVM Forum 2019 Speaker Guide
Thank you for speaking at KVM Forum, taking place October 30 – November 1, 2019, at the Lyon Convention Center in Lyon, France.
This is your official event speaker guide. Please bookmark this page for easy reference and continue to check back as the event gets closer as we will be adding additional speaker information, such as on-site details, as they are available. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click through the tabs on this page to access information.
- Important Dates + Deadlines
- Registration + Visa Requests
- Venue + Hotel Details
- Schedule Information
- AV Details
- Promote Your Talk
- Inclusivity Course
- Code of Conduct
- Contact Us
Important Dates + Deadlines
- Speaker Registration Deadline: Monday, August 26, 2019
- Upload Bio + Headshot to Sched.com Deadline: Monday, August 26, 2019
- AV Requests Due: Monday, September 30, 2019
- Presentation Deadline: Wednesday, October 23, 2019
To confirm that you will be presenting, please register as a speaker by Monday, August 26.
If you are not registered by Monday, August 26, there is a possibility that your speaking slot will be replaced by one on our waiting list so please do so promptly.
Visa Letter Requests
We recommend that you check with your local government for information on required documents and arrangements you’ll need for travel to Lyon, France as soon as possible. If you need a letter to accompany your visa application confirming your attendance at KVM Forum, request it here.
All visa letter requests must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the event. Any visa letter requests made after the two-week deadline cannot be guaranteed.
We also ask that you please note the following:
- Provision of a visa letter by The Linux Foundation does not guarantee visa approval as final approval is made at the sole discretion of the government of the event’s host country.
- The Linux Foundation strongly recommends requesting a visa letter at your earliest possible convenience and to contact your local Embassy/Consulate with any visa questions you may have.
- The Linux Foundation processes most visa letter requests in (3) business days.
KVM Forum will be held at Lyon Convention Center in Lyon, France.
Lyon Convention Center
50 Quai Charles de Gaulle
69463 Lyon, France
Telephone: +33 (0)4 72 82 26 26
We have reserved blocks of rooms at several hotels and invite you to view this information on our Venue & Travel page.
Rooms may sell out in advance of the room block close rate – we encourage you to book early to secure a room at the conference rate.
Schedule + Uploading a Bio/Photo
The schedule will be announced Friday, August 16th, and will be posted on our website using sched.com. You will receive an email directly from sched.com asking you to create your account; please make sure to upload your bio and photo.
Please note that all conference sessions are 30 minutes. If you have a conflict with the timing of your talk or find that it conflicts with the content of another talk; or are having problems uploading your bio and photo, please contact email@example.com.
AV Details + Requirements
Please note the following technical requirements:
- All speakers must supply their own computer and adapters to use during their talk
- Presentation slides should be formatted in 16:9
- The room will include a screen, projector and (2) microphones
If you require any additional AV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with those needs by Monday, September 30. We will make every effort to accommodate additional A/V needs; however, final approval for additional A/V requests will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Due by Wednesday, October 23
All speakers are required to submit their final presentation slides ahead of the event. In addition to providing a hard copy for accessibility purposes, we find that adding the presentations before the event helps to drive interest in attending the session.
Please note that your presentation slides should be submitted in PDF-format to Sched.com and must be formatted in 16:9.
To upload slides:
- Log into your KVM Forum speaker profile through Sched.com
- After logging in, click on “You’re speaking at this event! Manage & promote your session →” at the top of the schedule
- Click “Add Presentation”
- Click the “Select a File” box and add the pdf document (note: there is a 50MB size limit)
- Click “Upload” and your slides will automatically be saved
Promote Your Talk
Once the schedule is announced on August 16, we appreciate you spreading the word about #kvmforum and your session – please find some sample tweets below to share on your social channels!
- Proud to be chosen as a speaker for #kvmforum – visit “link to your session” to add my talk to your schedule!
- Thrilled to announce I’ll be presenting at #kvmforum! Visit [link to event’s sched.com] to see the full schedule 👍
- Just learned my talk “Session Name” was accepted 🎉 See you all in Lyon for #kvmforum! “link to your session”
- Can’t wait to speak at #kvmforum in Lyon, France – visit [link to event’s sched.com] to check out the full lineup!
Inclusive Speaker Orientation Online Course
The Linux Foundation, in collaboration with the National Center for Women in Technology (NCWIT), has created an online course designed to teach the viewer about inclusion, diversity and unconscious bias. It is strongly encouraged by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation that all our speakers watch the course to learn tips/tools to use when speaking to encourage inclusivity in presentations and messaging.
Code of Conduct
Please read and abide by our code of conduct, which can be found here. We ask that speakers especially review this code of conduct and are inclusive in the words and images used during their presentation.