The Linux Foundation’s Travel Fund is intended to enable open source developers and community members to attend events that they would otherwise be unable to attend due to a lack of funding. We place an emphasis on funding applicants who are underrepresented minorities and those of lower socioeconomic status. If you work for a company that has the ability to fund your travel, we ask that you not apply, to save funds for those that need it.
Please fill out the form below to have your funding request considered. We receive about a thousand requests for funding each year and in order to maximize spend, travel fund assistance may only be used for:
- coach airfare tickets. We will NOT reimburse for baggage fees or travel insurance.
- accommodations (up to 4 nights only) We understand your stay might extend past 4 nights, however, we will only cover the dates related to the event.
- ground transportation to/from the airport
Funds may not be used for miscellaneous travel expenses including food, visa costs, non-airport transportation, baggage fees, etc.
The Linux Foundation is trying to use funds to assist as many people as possible. As such:
- We are often unable to fund one person across multiple events in a year
- Lower cost travel funding requests are more likely to get approved
- We typically do not fund the same person two years in a row
- Decisions are final, and reapplying for the same event after receiving a denial does not increase your chances of being funded
Please note: If your travel fund application is approved, you will be required to show proof of attendance in order to be reimbursed.