November 18 – 21 | San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA | #KubeCon #CloudNativeCon
The dictionary describes well-being as “the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy.”
While the CNCF makes every effort to ensure the comfort, health and happiness of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon attendees there were some attendees at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Seattle 2018 who felt overwhelmed or unhappy.
Some of those attendees were brave enough to share their experiences and this lead to the creation of the Well-being working group (WG). As the largest ever open source conference, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is breaking new ground which provides an excellent opportunity for us to learn how to take care of attendees at scale.
On this page, you can find links to important information, resources, and activities that are intended to improve your well-being at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon San Diego 2019.
Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the venue and surrounding area. Knowing the layout of the venue and the location of key rooms and facilities can help make the conference experience much more comfortable and relaxing. The San Diego Convention Center is located in the Marina District of downtown San Diego, California. The event entrance is on the west end of the convention center (nearest the Marriott Marquis). In addition, view the event venue map to find key locations:
- Keynote: Exhibit Halls A + B
- Sponsor Showcase: Sails Pavilion + Ballroom 6AB
- Breakouts: Various Rooms on Mezzanine + Upper Levels
- Additional Meal Seating: Exhibit Hall C
- Quiet Room: Room 13
- Nursing Room: Workroom 20CC off Ballroom 20 Lobby
- Media Lounge: Room 8
- Speaker Lounge: Room 4
- First Aid: Box Office on Lower Level near Badge Pick-up
Knowing where you can get basic supplies, medicines, clothing, etc. can be very helpful. Here is a list of stores that may be useful during the conference:
- Grocery Store – Not all conference food works for all people. If you have any food sensitivities or even if you just need some comfort food while you are away from home, knowing where the nearest grocery store is can help you stay fed and hydrated.
- Pharmacy – Traveling can be rough on your body. Traveling on airplanes, trains, and public transportation, not to mention being surrounded by hundreds of strangers at a conference, leads to exposure to new germs and illnesses. If you come down with something while traveling, knowing where the nearest pharmacy is can ensure you get the medicine that you need to get you back on your feet.
- Clothing Store – It’s always a good idea to know where you can get more clothing if you need to. You never know when someone is going to spill something on you or something rips in an awkward spot. If you are flying to the conference, there is always a chance that the airline will lose your luggage as well, so knowing where you can pick up a new shirt or pants can keep things moving smoothly.
- Technology Store – Cables break, adapters fail, chargers disappear – it is amazing how many different pieces of technology we need to keep us going, and knowing where to pick up a replacement if something breaks or disappears can be a lifesaver.
We are pleased to offer a complimentary Running/Walking guide during KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2019 in San Diego, California.
The runs will be lead by a local guide and will take place each morning of the main conference from a designated starting location which will be shared via email and SCHED closer to the event dates. Runners will be able to see some local San Diego sights like the Gaslamp Quarter, the Embarcadero, Petco Park and more! This will be the perfect way to wake up and get your energy going for the day.
Each meet-up will be at 6:15 am for a 6:30 am start! The fun run or walk will go from 6:30 am to 7:30 am. All paces are welcome! The run should take 45 mins to 1 hour to complete and is at your own pace. The guide is simply there to lead the way.
Participants will be required to provide their own running attire. Please let us know if you are interested in joining the running groups by signing up here: https://forms.gle/T3XLYpdvfMGF1JDd9
Need to take a break and stretch after your session? Join one of our chair-yoga classes! Chair Yoga is a great way to reset without having to leave your seat. Just a quick 15 or 30-minute session focused on movement and flexibility is enough to revitalize meetings and event participants. All levels of fitness can benefit from chair yoga including those with disabilities or mobility issues.
Space is limited. Please let us know if you are interested in joining by completing the RSVP form here: https://forms.gle/96fyn2uyGgzbDBU98
We are excited to bring Puppy Pawlooza to KubeCon+CloudNativeCon North America 2019 and have partnered with the San Diego Humane Society to bring some of these amazing rescue dogs to interact with attendees throughout.
The San Diego Humane Society offers a wide range of programs and services that strengthen the human-animal bond, prevent cruelty/neglect, provide medical care, educate the community on the humane treatment of animals, and provide services for families needing assistance keeping their pets.
Relaxation stations will be located around the convention to offer attendees a short “time out”. Each location will be stocked with games, treats and other miscellaneous items that are designed to allow attendees to clear their minds.
One activity that will be offered will be 5-minute chair massages. Sign-ups coming soon.
All attendees may feel free to use the Quiet Room as needed. It is a physical space where conversation and interaction are not allowed, where attendees can go if for any reason they can’t interact with other attendees at that time.
The quiet room will be open daily throughout KubeCon+CloudNativeCon North America from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. The exact location will be shared closer to the event dates.
Before contacting us, please review all event pages as answers to many questions are readily available throughout this site. If you cannot find the answer to your question and would prefer to email us, please contact email@example.com.
Stay Connected With Our Newsletter
Sign up to be kept up-to-date on the latest developments around KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, like keynote announcements, important schedule and event notifications, exclusive offsite activities, and more.