Kubernetes the AWSome Way! hosted by AWS
Date: Monday, April 30 or Tuesday, May 1
Time: 10:00 – 14:00
Registration Fee: $100 – Event fee donated back to CNCF Scholarship Fund; Register now by adding this to your KubeCon + CloudNativeCon registration.
Kubernetes is a popular cloud-native open-source orchestration platform for container management, scaling and automated deployment. It includes a rich set of features such as service discovery, multi-tenancy, stateful containers, resource usage monitoring, and rolling updates. This workshop will get you started with operating a Kubernetes cluster on AWS. In addition, it also explains how to deploy applications to this cluster.
- Some of the questions that will be covered in this workshop are:
- How do we create and manage a Kubernetes cluster?
- How an application is mapped to Kubernetes abstractions?
- How does service discovery work between different applications?
- How to scale, generate logs and monitor an application?
- How to create a CI/CD pipeline? – How do we integrate with tools such as Maven?
- How applications can store configuration data and secrets?